Using Digital photography to find Gold UAV Drone

Eluvial and placer Prospecting in Tasmania

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Using Digital photography to find Gold UAV Drone

Postby Philski » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:05 am

Hi all

i have started my University studies and want to develop modern eco prospecting methods. The majority of my study is on earth systems. Geology, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry that sort of stuff.

i plan to use digital Photography and lightweight drones to map prospective areas for minerals. Specifically minerals that host gold, Quartz, Iron and some of the associated Sulphides we get down here. It offers the advantage of being able to go up and look at unstable cliff faces without any personal OH&s issues, etc.

The technique is unique and i'm the only person in the world i can find doing anything remotely like it.

Basically im using recognition software to crunch out the angles on the minerals. It is the unique property that distinguishes minerals. The other sensors are common sensors like Sonar, Temp, Moisture and magnetics.

One of the key benefits is i can analyse any "commons image" digital photos for background data.
UAV Drone geological mapping is a the new big thing is survey and many companies already produce drones with mapping software and tools for mining. My method uses some of the same technology in a different way to produce more detailed mapping.

https://www.sensefly.com/user-cases/03- ... urvey.html
http://www.sensefly.com/user-cases/10-mining.html

kindest regards
Phillip

Wally92

Re: Using Digital photography to find Gold UAV Drone

Postby Wally92 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi philski
Curious , how did you go mapping prospective areas with the drone . Sounds fascinating !
Cheers wally.

Philski

Postby Philski » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:41 pm

HI Wally

Very interesting time and im glad you brought it up. I am aiming for multi level exploration. Satellite, Drone, surface and seismic to 150km below the surface.

So far i have found a geothermal anomaly here in Tasmania with NASA's help and defined a productive gold bearing area using existing mapping. And assisted local law enforcement. It could become a tool for agriculture and environmental protection and lots of other uses. Land slip monitoring and other mass wasting events etc. However, we are focused on mining and minerals at present. My partner and i are starting a global geological mapping company in the next few weeks. We aim to be the best in the world. I spoke to MRT about it and the implications and outcomes. Its a 100% passive exploration and will have more overlays than any other company or mines department in the world. We both have a background in geology and business. We already have proven success in what we offer and an existing network both locally and Australia wide to secure contracts straight away.

if you google "drone prospecting" or uav prospecting, this site is already no 1, 2 or 3 on google so interested internet traffic will be very easy for us to reach.

It also uses technologies no other company uses to find gold. so its quite unique and a good way to set out our point of difference from the rest of them.

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

Wow sounds great ! Sounds like your on a winner and have done a fantastic job !
Cheers wally.

mfdes

Postby mfdes » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:35 am

On a similar note, apparently metal detectors are definitely considered NOT to be aerial geophysical prospecting.
They are legally Ok to use for prospecting, so long as your feet are on the ground, as they are handheld tools with a reach under 2 meters. Read the comment at the bottom: http://www.appleisleprospector.com/gold ... -tasmania/

Wally92

Postby Wally92 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:41 am

It's great that's been clarified Miguel!
Cheers wally.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:10 am

Thats very interesting Phil, also sounds fun. Prior to retiring I worked for AAM in ariel survey and they were about to get into UAV geo survey which they now have done with extremely powerful long range drones, I retired to early to get to play in this interesting area of geo survey and was stuck inside aircraft using lidar.. Good luck.