Immigrants on Board

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

TravOz

Immigrants on Board

Post by TravOz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 am

Big hello to board, we are a couple of boat people (Spirit) from mainland that have now decided to call this wonderful place Tassie home. Great Forum by the way and look forward to meeting like minded people and learning all about Tasmania and following our passion of prospecting. cheers
More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. GPX 4500

Dave79

Re: Immigrants on Board

Post by Dave79 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Hi guys, we came for a holiday last year then came back permanently this year. You've come to the right place for rocks and shiny things. Hope you have lots of fun and enjoy everything this beautiful place has to offer. Get in touch if you are in the Beaconsfield area.
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

TravOz

Post by TravOz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:40 pm

Cheers Dave will do mate, we are over in Shearwater but never let a few hundred kilometres get in the way of things. We have been here 12 months now and love it, I just decided to get back into prospecting as I had many years camping and pinging the Palmer River with a 4000 as we relocated here from Cairns and may I say loving the cooler weather mate... I should have Titled Thread just obtained Tassie Visas :)
More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. GPX 4500

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Ah, just next to my beach (last name is Hawley)! I haven't had much luck gold detecting with my equinox but plenty of historic mines round here that would be worth going over with a better gold detector.

warrenaw

Post by warrenaw » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:36 am

Bet you are enjoying the cool WX. After nearly 30 years of working (usually) right under the equator, I'm very glad to have had a house in Port Sorell to come back to, and now retire in. JUst back from a trip to Victoria prospecting around Blackwood and having a look at the old gold dredge near Eldorado.
Look for a PM
Warren

TravOz

Post by TravOz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:51 am

Hawley Beach yes Dave we looked there to purchase house but such a beautiful place it would appear nobody wants to sell hahah.. Will get over your way soon as next week looking at camping over towards Hellyers Gorge, but hows this sudden rain... anyway off for a recon run today and find us a mighty good pair of gumboots :)... cheers

p.s Warren is there still many good areas to get onto in VIC or is it the same as anywhere else these days?

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:58 pm

I hear there's some fairly chunky alluvial gold up the Cam river but never been there to check myself. Hope you've packed your woolies!

TravOz

Post by TravOz » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Cheers Dave will research the area some tonight mate. Well today was an adventure, went up to recon a campsite at Hellyer Gorge then set about getting 4x4 busy up off Blackwell road and got an extremely slight show in pan but as i'm learning in Tassie your rainfall is winter so absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near the gold due to massive amount of running water. But all in all an amazing part of the world up there. The truck is maybe worth a pan as its got a good 20kg of mud on it hahah