WA Goldfields

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

TravOz

WA Goldfields

Post by TravOz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Well the rain here has gotten the better of us so we have packed the camper trailer booked the Spirit and off the Kalgoorlie in 12 days :) for 6 weeks. Never had the pleasure of heading to WA yet last state undiscovered for us. Apart from the usual having to get miners rights and getting my head around Tengraph if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys
More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. GPX 4500

Dave79

Re: WA Goldfields

Post by Dave79 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Sooks ;) I've never done any detecting in WA but lived in Hopetoun for a few years and heard about some gold being found in dry riverbeds around Ravensthorpe. There's an old ghost gold mining town called Kundip about half way between Hopey and Ravy and lots of old workings on the hills round there. The pic is Elverdton mine which closed in the 70s.
IMG_0047.jpg
Only advice on the Kalgoorlie area is lock ya doors!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

TravOz

Post by TravOz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Yeah Dave i'm sookin hahah bloody rain but soon to be replaced by your tears when i post pics of huge finds right after i wake up to myself lol. Oh and yeah on the lock your doors i got you being from Far North QLD my camper needs a blowtorch to gain access lol.. All in all im just looking forward to getting the 4500 on the ground and a few beers at night by the campfire :)
More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth. GPX 4500

TravOz

Post by TravOz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Booked on Spirit this Saturday night... ahhh the suspence is killin me need to go lol

Philski

Post by Philski » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Hope you both have a safe trip over to WA. Sounds like awesome fun. Catch up with you when you get back. Good luck with the gold too.