Self loading Turbo sluice

General Discussion

Moderator: Philski

Philski

Self loading Turbo sluice

Post by Philski » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Ive made a new sluice called the "Turbo Sluice." It eliminates shoveling. How cool is that. The Turbo sluice Is 100% self powered with no need to shovel or classify. Under 1 meter long and used my own turbocharged fluidised bed technology. I hope to get the prototype tested in the Australian maritime colleges Dynamics or bubble Chamber or similar as soon as i can. Very simple to use and set up. Light weight, no moving parts and works a treat on fine and course gold. Its not like any normal gold sluice in its appearance or design.

I will post details of it on http://www.turbosluice.com as soon as i get it to a marketable product. Not sure on price, but will be cheaper than a traditional sluice and you can sit back and relax or go away for a few hours or days and let it do its Turbosluice thing. you can also shovel paydirt directly into it if you like.
Water_vortex_(4559389650).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave79

Re: Self loading Turbo sluice

Post by Dave79 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Sounds like a winner! Count me in if it doesn't make my shovel allergy play up!
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

Philski

Post by Philski » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:36 pm

HI Dave sure will

I spent quite some time today talking to several branches of the Australian Maritime College about it. They are so supportive and so smart. They are going to run a computer simulations on it first, so we can find the optimal angle x flow x size x time area stuff. Ive registered the domain name, facebook, twitter, instagram and gmail and a few others and did exhaustive trademark searches. Its a genuine invention. it is similar to a hydrocyclone but has no moving parts and is self powered with a true fluidised bed. The hydrocyclone has water ports in its side channels. It has a high capture rate, but any improvements in that figure, no matter how small. would still be beneficial in the overall design and may open it up to exports in the Nome and Klondike fields, etc. So there will be a few markets for it.
AGUA_(33456040832).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave79

Post by Dave79 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Sounds really interesting, I've worked on boats for 15 years so fluid dynamics are something I've spent a lot of time observing but have very little knowledge of the mechanics of how it works. I've been tossing up between making and buying a sluice recently but I'll definitely give yours a go as soon as they are available for sale. Might even have to do a camping trip up to the Cam river to pick it up and try it out.
Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one always gets away!

kaner

Post by kaner » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:23 am

Hi Phil
Sounds exceptional, count me in when you have some units and I'll test it out.

Philski

Post by Philski » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi Awesome thanks..

They first ones will be ready shortly. They will come with the AMC simulation data. Limited edition.

I've found an online 3d printer shop to make the attachments. i will get them produced locally when i can. But just want to get it tested as soon as i could and this was the best thing i could find to do it.

It should be ideal for crevicing and cleaning up fine gold in creek beds. It will feature an environmentally friendly "Cyclonic Turboblaster" attachment. (one foot long) its the smallest sluice ive ever seen. And, still rocks thought material at a rapid rate.

One of the reasons i went with this one first is it features a clear main sluice chamber, so you can see the gold getting classified in the vortex. Prospecting should be fun. I use 10- 20 meters of hose or pipe and as much drop as i can get. thats its only limiting factor. It is not suited to flat water or meandering environments unless you can hook into an elevated feeder stream. Headwaters, gullies, waterfalls and drop offs are the go.

The turbo chamber exhaust port will be slide adjustable for different flow rates and specific gravities Classifying is done at the very start of the cycle. so 10mm od max. fine to small pickers. Normal sized gold. The goal is to have it capture gold only.

There is also a 50mm version (2 inch) and a 75mm version (3 inch) in the works. Ive been using the 50mm for ages, but it needed a better way to extract the gold.

Phillip